This certification is for you you are in the process of designing networks. How do you choose the right fiber, the right enclosure, the right cable, the correct installation method, blowing cables, laying cables, how and what to test.
- Introduction to fiber optic design
- Overview of Fiber Optic Installations both outside plant and premises
- Planning A Fiber Optic Network
- Choosing components
- Design Review (Component compatibilities, Power budget, Environmental requirements etc.)
- Testing And documentation
- Writing A Project Specification and other documentation
- Lab Exercises including case studies covering designing several networks, at least one premises and one outside plant.
Even though this is a theoretical subject there are lots of practical labs, looking at different installation materials, stripping different cables, making a blown fiber installation, and looking at FTTO installations in different ways
The training finishes with the CFOS/D certification